Healthcare Quality Management Specialist
San Fernando Valley, CA
Category : Healthcare - Other
Location/City : CA - San Fernando Valley
Job Type : Contract
Salary Range : 25.00 - 25.00 per hour (USD Contract)
Recruiter Name : Sean Pennel
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
We are seeking a Quality Management Specialist, who will oversee the daily operations of AMP (Align.Measure.Perform) programs and other performance improvement initiatives as assigned by the Quality Management Manager. This position provides on-going communication to patients, staff and physicians, runs reports, and manages electronic applications for improved patient care coordination.
In this position you will have the following responsibilities:
- Coordinate with IPA and Employed physician offices to operationalize AMP programs in an ambulatory care setting. Run outcomes reports, track changes over time and monitor new measures.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date AMP databases to identify and track patients. Enter data, run reports, manage users and communicate with physicians and their office staff.
- Coordinate AMP and HCC written and verbal communication with patients through letters, surveys and phone calls.
- Research problems by investigation methods at physicians' offices in paper charts or/in electronic medical record systems and/or practice management system when discrepancies in data exist, provide accurate and timely responses to physicians, and update appropriate Providence databases
- Fully comprehend clinical AMP measures and support the Manager of Quality Management in ongoing communications to the IPA and employed physicians.
- Manage the continuity of care process to ensure follow-up with patients who have been discharged from the hospital or Emergency Department.
- Assist in process improvement initiatives by organizing meetings, collecting data and following-up with departments, practices and sites.
- Work with the Director of Quality Improvement and Manager of Quality Management to administer chronic care management programs.
- Participate in staff meetings and assist in other Performance Improvement initiatives.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- 3 years experience in quality improvement
- Must possess excellent teaching skills including presentation, syllabus and handouts.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Healthcare Administration
- Experience with HMOs and health plans
- Experience in developing educational programs and procedures