Healthcare Data Analyst
San Fernando Valley, CA
Category : Healthcare - IT Informatics
Location/City : CA - San Fernando Valley
Job Type : Full-time / Perm
Salary Range : 80000.00 - 90000.00 per year (USD Full-time / Perm)
Recruiter Name : Sean Pennel
Recruiter Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsible for development and distribution of management data/reports and decision-making tools used throughout the organization. Position will utilize combined application of business knowledge and intermediate-advanced systems skills to perform complex data-mining and analysis while ensuring the accuracy and integrity of the data. Position will seek to streamline and create reporting efficiencies within the organization through the use of various systems, software applications and web-based opportunities.This position will require greater analytical and communication abilities due to the more complicated nature of assignments. This position will also be expected to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills via participation in work groups with all levels of staff.
- Deliver upon the service expectations of both our patients and fellow staff members by listening to their needs; engaging in positive interactions; and following through on promises made in a thoughtful, efficient, timely and courteous manner so that their total outcome is better than expected.
- Responsible for various monthly reports and other special projects.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Decision Support data warehouses.
- Support existing and develops new complex queries, reports, and graphs in SQL, Excel, Access, etc.
- Provide additional support for file transfers and ensures data encryption in compliance with internal and external policies and regulations.
- Design and develop new reporting tools for different departments utilizing various programming software.
- Develop and maintain analysis. This would include the analytical support of financial and operational measures.
- Create analyses designed to enhance the timely sharing of meaningful performance information to the decision-makers. Goals: improved financial and/or operational performance such as improved productivity, enhanced utilization, and improved patient care/satisfaction.
- Ability to multitask and complete projects and meet deadlines.
- Complete various special projects as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree or Two (2) years of experience in the area of financial analysis and healthcare reporting
- Proven ability to perform intermediate to advanced data mining, report designing and developing.
- Must possess a solid working knowledge of computers and various software applications for data analysis and presentation (i.e., MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and SQL, T-SQL etc.).
- Requires strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently and as a team member on a variety of assignments with minimal direction and fluctuating workload.