Los Angeles, CA
Category : Accounting/Audit
Location/City : CA - Los Angeles
Job Type : Full-time / Perm
Salary Range : 80000.00 - 120000.00 per year (Full-time / Perm)
Recruiter Name : Lisa Knupp
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
COMPANY: A privately held real estate investment company with a diversified portfolio of office, retail, multi-family and luxury residential developments is seeking a highly organized, well-rounded Controller to be a key participant in accounting for operations including property and asset management.
JOB SUMMARY: A controller is needed to produce accurate and timely internal financial statements and perform ad hoc analyses to be used in making operational business decisions. This position will manage all accounting operations and provide tactical expertise and leadership to the department as well as implement strategic wide changes.
- High level of interaction across the organization, including communications with tax, operations, investor relations, other accounting teams, financial reporting, and portfolio management
- Directs and supervises accounting staff to ensure adherence to GAAP, strong internal controls, and adherence with Company policies and procedures
- Assist in reviewing financial statements and supporting documentation
- Assist with the review of vendor invoices, billings to tenants and CAM reconciliation
- Work with accounting management in ensuring adequacy of the internal control systems
- Conduct training on Accounting processes
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets for the portfolio
- Assist in preparing reports, including budget vs actual analyses
- Assist in managing delinquencies
- Coordinates all internal and external audit requests
- Complete assigned projects and tasks on schedule
Desired Candidate Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting preferred, CPA desired
- 7+ years of accounting experience in an environment with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Homebuilding and/or multifamily construction experience preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess strong work ethic
- Must be a team player
- AppFolio experience preferred
A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)