Accounts Payable Supervisor
Culver City, CA
Category : Accounting
Location/City : CA - Culver City
Job Type : Contract to Perm
Salary Range : 75000.00 - 90000.00 per year (Contract to Perm)
Recruiter Name : Amy Wittman
Recruiter Email : email@example.com
ABOUT THE JOB:
- Directly Reports to Accounts Payable Manager.
- Supervise and mentor a team of 3 AP Specialists.
- S upervise the accounts payable cycle from invoice entry to payment.
- Manage the central accounting communications inbox and distribute to appropriate AP Specialist.
- Review AP Batches to ensure proper coding of invoices prior to entry into the accounting system.
- Ensure payments are made timely and according to vendor terms.
- Interface with other departments to ensure quick turn-around time for invoice approval.
- Run daily, weekly and monthly reporting for invoice tracking and check signing (AP aging and check registers).
- Review invoice approvals to ensure compliance with established LOA as well as timely submission of approved invoices.
- Review and provide first approval for new vendor/vendor change forms.
- Prepare monthly Insurance payment accruals.
- Perform monthly AP Aging to GL reconciliation.
- Prepare and maintain monthly AP accrual listing.
- Review monthly recurring vendor listing for completion and accuracy.
- Effectively interact with and respond to vendor inquiries in order to develop and maintain strong relationships with all vendors.
- Provide supporting documentation for the external and internal audit.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2-3 years of proven successful experience as an Accounts Payable Supervisor working for a mid to larger organization.
- BA/BS in a related field.
- Understanding of GAAP as well as the general ledger and accrual process.
- Demonstrated ability for accuracy, timeliness, and thoroughness in all AP processing.
- Established problem solving skills, ability to gather and analyze information and resolve problems quickly.
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks effectively and work as part of a team and support cross-departmental tracking and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Demonstrated readiness to lead and coach a small team
- Ability to set conditions for a positive climate while building teamwork and cohesion .
- Ability to negotiate, resolve conflict and build consensus and trust outside the lines of authority.
NICE TO HAVE:
- Experience with Workday
- Experience with Procure to Pay (P2P) process and open purchase order reconciliation.